RA81's hanging??

Marty Sasaki sasaki at harvard.ARPA
Thu Oct 25 06:58:37 AEST 1984

We have about a dozen RA81's and have had lots of problems.
We have had three complete RA81's, and the UDA-50's that they
were attached to, swapped out. Most of the boards in the drives
have been changed at least once.

We run both UNIX and VMS and the drives don't care which system
you run them on.

Luckily for us, we have DEC Field Circus contract, and the FE
does a pretty good job.

DEC feels that the problems have to do with heat. Apparently
something goes wrong when the boards get hot, even if they
cool off. We had an air conditioner problem about the time
the RA-81's started failing.
--
			Marty Sasaki
			Havard University Science Center