Uucp and rejected mail

Lee McLoughlin lee at west44.UUCP
Fri Oct 5 08:41:27 AEST 1984

This behaviour seems common to all the uucp's I've come across from
V7 to S5.

For whatever reason if uucp (or more exactly uuxqt) has to reject a
mail message rather than aim the rejection at the user who originated it
it will be sent to whoever sent it from the immediate neighbour.
Normally this will be uucp doing mail relaying.  So failed mail aimed at

x!y!z!user

	which gets stomped on at z

will (if uuxqt has its evil way) be mailed to

y!uucp

Gosh! How usefull (I hear you cry)!!!!

  I was just thought I'd pass on this usefull info'.
  You can now all rush away and check your uucp mailboxes and work out
what to do with any junked mail sent by far away sites aimed at even further
away sites.

Incidentally I patched this up in UKUUCP but for some reason it doesn't
always work.  If anyone has a *working* fix......