Ridge-32 Supermini communications in C

jko at ecsvax.UUCP jko at ecsvax.UUCP
Sun Oct 21 06:23:35 AEST 1984

Has anybody out there worked with the Ridge-32 32bit supermini?
If you have, could you provide me with some info on why you can't
go in and out with the same serial port? If you haven't I'd appreciate
a short C program that shows how to do communications off of a big Unix system
with all the attendant gimmicks. I would write the darn thing myself but
I don't have access to any manuals on a regular basis and the operating
system is a Western Electric System V/Berkley hybrid.  I would really
welcome any help because although I know C, I'm pretty unfamiliar with UNIX,
having programmed largely on micros and mainframes.
Thanks.
jko
Dept. History NCSU
Raleigh, NC 27695-8018