What happened to the '-x' option of 'dcopy(1m)' ???

#G.SEUBERT garys at houxs.UUCP
Fri Oct 26 23:06:18 AEST 1984

The '-x' option of 'dcopy(1m)' was used to force executable programs
to be stored in contiguous blocks. This seemed desireable so we always
specified it in the past.

In System V Release 2 (and perhaps 5.0), the source still has the code
for the 'xflg' but the explanation for it being commented out reads:

 -x OPTION NO LONGER SUPPORTED - NO GOOD REASON FOR EXISTENCE

Am I missing something?  Is it just as efficient to have executables
split up around the disk? It scares me when code is just commented out
rather than the program being re-written.

Consistently confused by System V,

 Gary Seubert
[..!ihnp4!]houxs!garys