4.2 BSD Disk Quotas -- What are your experiences with it?

lee at unmvax.UUCP lee at unmvax.UUCP
Mon Oct 1 13:09:18 AEST 1984

> The quota stuff works great.  It slows down your booting process
> to check quotas (we have Gigabytes of disk) and when the whole
> filesystem fills up the operating system nicely crashes to keep
> it from getting any worse.
>
> Good luck (you'll need it)..

 We never crashed when our file-system filled... It is slower at boot.
It confuses the *hell* out of the users. It gets bitched about alot, "But
I absolutely, *must* have a Gig; please increase my quota." If (when.. please
oh please) we get another disk they go out the door (for awhile at least)
here.

--
			--Lee (Ward)
			{ucbvax,convex,gatech,pur-ee}!unmvax!lee