automatic renice in 4.1 bsd?

sohail at terak.UUCP sohail at terak.UUCP
Thu Oct 11 03:04:18 AEST 1984

We have started to notice a problem with some
people's login csh being reniced. Since we always
have a few processes running, these people's terminal
appears to be dead.

By reniceing the csh to 0, the terminal becomes alive
again, and renice reports the old priority as 19.

Is there some thing in 4.1 bsd that renices people when
the system load gets too high?
or
do we have a malicious user who is fiddling with people's
priority. (I once looked thru lastcomm, and found that no
one had executed the renice command.)

Look forward to any info on the subject
sohail

--
Sohail Hussain

uucp:	 ...{decvax,hao,ihnp4,seismo}!noao!terak!sohail
phone:	 602 998 4800
us mail: Terak Corporation, 14151 N 76th street, Scottsdale, AZ 85260