ULTRIX 32 info needed

Mark Weiser mark at tove.UUCP
Thu Oct 25 15:15:14 AEST 1984

> I have just received some information from my DEC
> salesman on ULTRIX-32.. I was singularly unimpressed.
> It seems that it is a basic 4.2BSD system with
> ALL of the non-DEC peripherals stripped out of it..
> (eg. UUCP only supports DF02 and DF03's,etc.)
> Now I understand why DEC would have done that,
> but it is moderately annoying if you have foreign peripherals.

This was not true of the two Ultrix systems DEC shipped us.
All of the original 4.2 drivers for all the non-DEC stuff were
in there.  There were disclaimers that DEC did not support them,
but they were there.
--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark at maryland
CSNet:	mark at umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!mark