Interleaved memory on 780 (boot floppy changes)

ry at cadre.UUCP ry at cadre.UUCP
Mon Oct 15 05:53:17 AEST 1984

	As far as I know interleaved memory is not standard on
780's. (At least it was an upgrade for us.)

	Both vms and 4.2 unix require the same change to the boot floppy
to handle interleaved memory. The following four lines must be added
after the line with INIT and before the line LOAD BOOT in defboo.cmd

	DEPOSIT 20002000 101	! SET UP INTERLEAVED MEMORY\015
	DEPOSIT 20002004 4000
	DEPOSIT 20004000 101
	DEPOSIT 20004004 4000

This correctly configures two memory controllers for interleaved operation.
I suspect the procedure is similar if you have more than two.

	Russell Yount
	cadre!ry