Wanted: dup11 driver for 4.2

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Wed Oct 24 06:45:47 AEST 1984

*	I would recommend the UREP package if you must communicate with
	IBM mainframes running "VM".  We are still using the 4.1BSD
	version of the software so I can't comment on the quality of the
	4.2 driver (which I am waiting for).

The 4.2 driver is really the same as the 4.1 driver (but the names have
been changed to protect the innocent, I mean, to comply with the 4.2
uio code).  I've been told that the driver is actually pretty trivial;
the hard part is figuring out what the IBM software was sending over
the sync line (and it is NOT what is given in the IBM manuals, even if
you can get hold of them).

In other words, whatever the quality of the 4.1 software is, is the
quality of the 4.2 software.
--
(This mind accidently left blank.)

In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (301) 454-7690
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland