Unibus ethernet controllers

tcs%usna.uucp at BRL-BMD.ARPA tcs%usna.uucp at BRL-BMD.ARPA
Sat Sep 1 02:28:54 AEST 1984

outed requests are a problem and promise to
do something about it in the next release.  An interesting feature
is an SBX connector which they claim to be making an HDLC
daughter board for.  Does this mean that this is now a compeditor
to ACC's HDH?  Their boards are $3820 (128K ram) and $4070 (256K ram)
in 1-9 quantities.  The host software is $2000 for 3 nodes;
$1000 each additional node.  Source for the TCP/IP code is $20,000.
They also have boards for Multibus, VMEbus and Qbus.
	I havn't gotten much info from Interlan on their new
product (NP100).  On the surface it looks like a copy of the Excelan
architecture.  They won't have TCP/IP for a few months yet.
They supposedly have XNS now.  Their prices are pretty expensive.
I was quoted $6200 which included the software (didn't define the
extent of this).
	I have ordered three of the Excelan boards.  I think it
is a more mature product since it has been out (in Multibus form)
to several OEMs who have helped improve it.  We may see Interlan's
prices drop to come more in line with Excelan's.
	-tcs
	Terry Slattery	  U.S. Naval Academy	301-267-4413
	ARPA: tcs at brl-bmd     UUCP: decvax!brl-bmd!usna!tcs