Broken .TM in Berkeley 4.2 'tmac.s'

merlyn at sequent.UUCP merlyn at sequent.UUCP
Mon Sep 24 03:38:54 AEST 1984

> From:  Dave Nelson <daven at LLL-CRG.ARPA>

> I believe that the old ms macros currently reside in /usr/lib/tmac/tmac.os,
> and can hence be used by:
>
> troff -mos ...
>
> Give it a try.
>
> Dave Nelson

Sorry, it's even worse than that.  -mos is still Berkeley's 4.x-ish ms
macros.  We needed to go onto a V7 tape to get the REAL ms macros to
retypeset half of the Bell documentation.  We have it installed on our
systems as -msbell now.  We also ship these macros with our product.

That should be a hint to people that are porting 4.2 to their favorite
machine for resale.  Be sure that the customers receive whatever files
are necessary to reformat the documentation.  For our product, we also
fixed the /usr/doc/run script to make it possible, REALLY, to reformat
the myriad of text from Volume 2.

-- A particularly personal and original observation from the thought-stream of
Randal L. ("text wizard") Schwartz, esq. (merlyn at sequent.UUCP)
	(Former Official Legendary Sorcerer of the 1984 Summer Olympics)
Sequent Computer Systems, Inc. (503)626-5700 (sequent = 1/quosine)
UUCP: {decwrl,ogcvax,pur-ee,rocks34,shell,unisoft,vax135,verdix}!sequent!merlyn