Orphaned Response

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Fri Sep 28 03:51:12 AEST 1984

> The Heath device uses 5 and 10 Mhz WWV signals.  I have heard it does
> not have much sensitivity and doesn't work well at all inside buildings.

5, 10, and 15 MHz, actually.  We got one a little while ago, and so far
have had mixed results with it.  Reception is somewhat a function of
position within the building; experimentation is in order.  We've never
tried it deep within the building, since our building is long and skinny
with essentially no windowless rooms.

I'll post a more detailed report later, when we've evaluated it more
thoroughly.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology