time servers

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Tue Sep 18 03:34:13 AEST 1984

> someone just told me that heathkit is making a device that listens on
> the various frequencies that have the time transmitted on them...

It's the pretentiously-named "Most Accurate Clock".  We've got one.
The only thing you need to watch is that if your reception for the WWV
time signal isn't good, you're in trouble -- the clock has neither
battery backup nor a manual-set procedure, so it *must* pick up WWV
well if you want it to function properly immediately after a power
outage.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology