porting UNIX

Provan at LLL-MFE.ARPA Provan at LLL-MFE.ARPA
Fri Sep 7 09:47:00 AEST 1984

I'm sure some of you have been involved with an effort to port C or
UNIX to a different machine.  How difficult is this?  Is there a C
compiler out there which has been designed to bootstrap easily into
a new enviroment?  I envision something that requires some sort of
minimal C compiler written in the native language to boot a more
sophisticated C compiler written in C.  Is there any such beast?

Thanks.  Please airect replies to me as I am not on the list.

						don