A shell by any other name...

ded at aplvax.UUCP ded at aplvax.UUCP
Sun Sep 9 00:44:33 AEST 1984

Occasionally I like to use the Bourne shell interactively.
On these occasions I would like the sh to read ".profile"
automatically so my prompt can be set, etc.  The documentation
implies that "sh -" should do it for me...but it doesn't.
True, I can execute "sh", then ". .profile" once
the "$" prompt appears (and I do), but still, but still...

Is there any way to accomplish the above other than
by using the Bourne shell as my login shell?

--

					Don Davis
					JHU/APL