two bugs in sendmail

Keith Muller muller at sdcc3.UUCP
Sun Sep 9 16:34:23 AEST 1984

Two serious bugs exsist in some versions of sendmail as distributed in various
flavors of 4.2BSD. Due to the nature of these bugs, I can only send a
description of the bugs (with fixes) to the user root. If you do not have
source to sendmail, please contact your vendor as I cannot supply binaries
or complete sources to sendmail.

Please send me a mailpath to your machine that can be reached from one of
the following machines:

	ucbvax, ihnp4, sdcrdcf, sdcsvax

       (or a usable arpa address).

Please no flames! I have been unable to determine a more reasonable
approach to this problem (other than ignoring it).

Keith Muller
UCSD Academic Computer Center
Mail Code C-010
La Jolla Ca 92093