2.9 BSD UNIX

nick at LL-SST.ARPA nick at LL-SST.ARPA
Sat Sep 8 03:18:31 AEST 1984

From:  Nick Bonifanti <nick at LL-SST.ARPA>

Hello Wizards:
	We're at Lincoln Laboratory, MIT, Lexington, MA.  We've been
running 2.8 BSD on LL-EN (a PDP-11/44) for two years and we've been
trying to bring up 2.9.
	Our trouble lies mostly with missing header files in the
network software.  We have had some other headaches, too, e.g., the
system sees our dz's and our dh's at autoconfigure time, but, for
some reason, the dz's don't work when we come up multi-user.
	Is there anyone who has had some success resolving similar problems
with 2.9?  We'd love to hear from you!
	(We have discovered that Carl Smith and Greg Satz are no longer
with Berkeley and SRI, respectively, and can no longer offer assistance.)
	Our names, numbers, and network addresses are listed below.
	Thank you.

				Nick Bonifanti (nick at ll-sst)
				David Michaels (david at ll-sst)

				(617) 863-5500