CSH -> SH converter

Johan Wide'n johanw at ttds.UUCP
Fri Sep 21 08:51:59 AEST 1984

> The C Shell is obviously an inferior product.  As Steve Bourne is rumored
> to have said:  "The C Shell was an experiment.  Now we can get it right."

I think that both sh and csh have a right to exist. Some (I...) prefer
csh (or its relatives) to sh, as a command interpreter.
The Bourne shell is certainly a better programming language,
but it's far from the last word on command interpreters.
The ksh (Korn shell, an extended Bourne shell. Ksh was developed at Bell
and is for some reason unavailable. Sigh) is more like it.

I guess the reason that we don't see more jazzed up versions
of shell is that (t)csh is already available.

{decvax,philabs}!mcvax!enea!ttds!johanw         Johan Widen