Sed problem

Russell Herman rwh at aesat.UUCP
Wed Sep 19 00:02:51 AEST 1984

This is a reposting from about a month back to which I received no response.
Perhaps now that everyone is back from vacations someone will be able to
answer my question.

I have a BSD 4.1 sed script which aborts with a "Too much text".
My (admittedly cursory) perusal of the code leads me to believe
that there is a 10K buffer limit and a 200 command limit,
but my script blows up on the 8739th character in the 139th command. Can
anyone tell me how to predict whether a script will be accepted (as a
function of sed.h constants and/or other magic numbers)? I DO NOT want
to recompile sed - I can split the input into multiple scripts.
Pls e-mail, as I will be off-net for about a month. TIA.
--
  ______			Russ Herman
 /      \			{allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!aesat!rwh