Need fix for 4.2 bug - 750 with 2 UBAs

Steve A. Shumway sas at duke.UUCP
Wed Sep 12 08:42:00 AEST 1984

   We have a VAX 750 running 4.2 with two UBAs and a (hopefully familiar
to someone) problem.  Whenever I try to access the uda50 on the second
unibus I get "uba?: stray intr ipl 15 vec 524" and the system crashes.
Both uba1 and uda0 are correctly identified at autoconfigure time, and
configuring uda0 to reside on uba1 rather than uba? has no effect. The same
kernel configured with uda0 on uba? runs fine when I recable the second BA11
to run as an extension of the first unibus, which to me indicates no address
conflicts.  I am aware that under 4.1, there was a bug with the second
unibus vector map being dynamically allocated outside of low core. I have
the old news article with that bug fix for 4.1 and apparently an attempt
was made (did it succeed?) to fix that bug under 4.2. Is the bug I am seeing
a problem with that fix, or with something completely different? I would
greatly appreciate fixes or pointers to fixes, as this 750 has in addition
to an RA81, an RK07, a DMR11, a DEUNA, a TS11, and a Ramtek 9400 controller,
and that all ain't gonna work on one bus! As usual, thanks in advance.

						Steve Shumway
						Duke Computer Sci. Dept.
						duke!sas