video out for teletype 5620 DMD

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Sat Sep 15 07:06:59 AEST 1984

> Does anybody know what's the best way to hook up a BIG monitor
> to a teletype 5620, for purposes of running a demo for a large
> number of people?  The answer I want is that there's a real easy
> way to hook it up to a Conrac monitor, but I'll take any answer.

If I've remembered the numerology correctly, the 5620 is the brain-damaged
commercialized Blit.  This means that you are screwed.  High-resolution
bitmap terminals produce high-speed video that needs a special monitor;
the signal is much too fast for a garden-variety video monitor.  I don't
mean that you won't get full resolution -- I mean that the ordinary monitor
won't be able to make any sense of the signal at all.

The biggest high-resolution monitors I'm aware of are 19-inchers, which
probably don't meet your definition of "BIG".
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology