750 tbuf error revisited - help with micropatch?

George W. Sherouse sherouse at unc.UUCP
Sat Sep 22 04:18:28 AEST 1984

	Has anyone sorted out a way of applying the micropatch to
	a rev.7 VAX 750 processor board?  We have just discovered
	that we have a rev.7 board - thus explaining our chronic
	problem with tbuf parity errors under BSD 4.2.

	The story from DEC is that VMS knows how to load the micropatch
	from the console TU58 at boot time and it's our tough luck
	that 4.2 doesn't know how, too.  Surely some site more blessed
	with wizardry has already solved this.  And what are ULTRIX sites
	doing?

	Thanks in advance for any help.

George W. Sherouse
Associate Physicist