Hanging VAX 11/780 - any solutions?

irwin at uiucdcs.UUCP irwin at uiucdcs.UUCP
Wed Sep 26 23:58:00 AEST 1984

When the machine is hung, you need to do a control p followed by a h
for halt. Get the >>> prompt and then dump all of the registers to
the console to get a printout. You can have Tom Greeneisen from SI
read these dumps to see what the machine was doing. Tom was a level
three engineer at DEC before going to SI and is very informed on the
Vax-780. If you don't know how to dump the registers, get to Tom
through your SI rep. Tom will tell you what to do.

Tom is usually at the Cincinatti Ohio office, but is currently on
the west coast for about 5 weeks.

If you need help on the dump process, call me at 217-333-4801, I can
give it to you over the phone.