cut marks in macro packages

phil at RICE.ARPA phil at RICE.ARPA
Mon Sep 10 11:49:00 AEST 1984

From:  William LeFebvre <phil at RICE.ARPA>

> Eeuuuuu gross.  Expecting cut marks to cause the page feed?  I would
> expect that the imagen just feeds a page every 11 inches.  Simplicity
> itself.

Too simple.  Vanilla troff (the one that produces codes for the CAT/4)
outputs some initial lead before the first page boundary.  Unless you
take the first tic mark as a reference point for the top of the
document, all of your pages will be printed about a half inch (I'm not
sure of the exact figure here) too low on the page.

                                William LeFebvre
				Department of Computer Science
				Rice University
                                <phil at Rice.arpa>