What is a Virtual Terminal?

Michael Cooper mikec at reed.UUCP
Sat Apr 20 15:47:56 AEST 1985

I keep seeing references to Virtual Terminals in various pieces of source
code.  The last time in tset.c.  It looks like some kind of kernal routines
for mapping terminal characteristics to a specific terminal, but I've
never seen any reference to it in any documentation.  Would someone care
to enlighten me?

					Thanks,
					Michael Cooper

{decvax, ucbvax, purdue, uw-beaver, masscomp, cbosg, aat, sdcrdcf,
 mit-ems, psu-cs, uoregon, orstcs, ihnp4, uf-cgrl, ssc-vax}!tektronix
								\
						                 +--!reed!mikec
{teneron, ogcvax, muddcs, cadic, oresoft, grpwre,     		/
 	  harvard, psu-cs, omen, isonvax, nsc-pdc}-------------+