panic: tbuf par fault

Lyle McElhaney lmc at denelcor.UUCP
Sat Apr 13 17:33:45 AEST 1985

> In article <632 at dataio.UUCP> bossert at dataio.UUCP (John Bossert) writes:
> >I've not seen any discussion on this subject for quite some time.  Has
> >anyone fixed this bug on 750's/4.2bsd?  Thanks much.

> Chalk me up as another interested party.  I wanna know!!  In the rev. 7 kit
> notes DEC writes that ULTRIX machines should first load the diagnostic
> supervisor before starting ULTRIX.  UUGGHHH!!!   Is there SOMEBODY out
> there that knows which registers to hit, and how to read the micro-code file?

To reinterate what has gone before, the Rev 7 update for the 750 does some
fixing of the tbuf parity fault problem; I have been warned by our CE,
however, that some UNIX sites have been seeing cache parity errors after Rev 7
is installed. We had it done a month ago; no crashes yet.

The Rev 7 update is hardware and new microcode (Rev 99). In order to make
the microcode work, part of the Rev 7 update is to install writable
control store, which must of course be loaded.

Jim McKie has put together a package containing a new version of boot which
knows how to load the microcode, a uuencoded file of the microcode patches,
and a fixed standalone uda driver. It worked for us like a charm. If you
need it, just ask.

Lyle McElhaney
--
Lyle McElhaney
{hao, stcvax, brl-bmd, nbires, csu-cs} !denelcor!lmc