Fifo files on 4.2?

Ted Nolan ted at usceast.UUCP
Tue Apr 30 08:25:27 AEST 1985

Does anyone have a (preferably user level) way to implement sys5 type
fifo files on 4.2 bsd?  If I understand the concept correctly, this would
be exactly what I have wanted at many different times (as well as now).

It seems that it could be done somehow with sockets, but I freely admit that
I haven't had to understand them yet and don't.

				Thanks
				Ted Nolan	..usceast!ted
Ted Nolan                   ...decvax!mcnc!ncsu!ncrcae!usceast!ted  (UUCP)
6536 Brookside Circle       ...akgua!usceast!ted
Columbia, SC 29206          allegra!usceast!ted at seismo (ARPA, maybe)

      ("Deep space is my dwelling place, the stars my destination")