increasing 4.2 process memory > 6meg?

Pete Delaney pete at ecrcvax.UUCP
Fri Apr 26 01:51:20 AEST 1985

	We are interested in the same problem here.  I haven't look'd at
the code, however I don't see the reason for the restriction.  We run
large prolog proc's here and I here users complaining that at times the
system won't let there stuff run.  In a non-paging system when the exec()
does the expand() I think it would swap itself out until memory is available.
Then the swapper would bring it in when the memory is available.  Perhaps
someone would like to elaborate on the algorithm used in a vmunix and why
this 6megbyte limit exist.

--
Pete Delaney - Rockey Mnt UNIX Consultant 	Phone: (49) 89 9269-139
European Computer-Industry Research Center 	UUCP: mcvax!unido!ecrcvax!pete