Celerity evaluation

Dave Gehrt dave at RIACS.ARPA
Mon Apr 22 02:35:35 AEST 1985

I had a discussion with the folks at Celerity on Friday, and was
supposed to add to the motd that the system is currently using a couple
of 120 MB 5-1/4 inch winchesters for disks.  They are considering
adding an eagle to the system, but I am not sure when that may happen
if at all.  I don't have any idea about the actual performance on those
disks, but they say the difference in seek time is 30 ms vice 18 for an
eagle.  The transfer rate would be higher also on a multibus disk.  If
that disk swap happens I'll let you know.

Also, I have a recollection that they also said something about a
speeded up version of the C compiler being in the works.  The current
version is a pcc based version.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

dave