lpd and forms control.

Gerald Collins jlc at afinitc.UUCP
Tue Apr 23 07:59:52 AEST 1985

[]
	We have a problem with our forms control to the printer.  Namely, there
is none.  The problem comes up when we are printing special forms (ie. invoices,
etc.) and someone routes something else to the printer.  When the printer
finishes the special forms, lpd starts printing the next listing, before we can
change the paper.  Is there any way to prevent this problem, for instance lock
the output file until the paper is changed and then release it.
	Please respond by mail and not by followup.  If there is any interest
I will post a copy of the solutions in a couple of weeks.
				Thanks,
				Gerald L. Collins
				[...!ihnp4!wucs!afinitc!jlc]