Did you come here for an argument?

Guy Harris guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Fri Mar 1 19:39:49 AEST 1985

> Never mind that he chastised me for non-portability in C. If I want
> to run his application on my machine, I will gladly modify my login.c
> for him.

Oh, shut up.  I said the correct answer is for UNIX vendors to change
"login" to preserve things like TERM, not for everybody to modify their
logins.  Our application runs mostly on our machines, and we changed "login"
to preserve TERM.

Your articles are coming within a hairsbreadth of content-free flames, and
seem to serve solely as an irritant; as such, I don't see why I should
bother reading them anymore.  I suspect a lot of others out there would
agree...

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!rlgvax!guy