Public Domain EMACS available from GNU Project

Kenton Lee kfl at hoxna.UUCP
Thu Mar 28 06:19:41 AEST 1985

I, for one, would not like seeing anything this massive posted to
the net.  Can you imagine the expense of shipping 1MB of data
between all net sites and of storing that 1MB on every sites disk,
even if the site is not interested (I expect that most sites will
not be interested).  I like the approach OK State uses for Kermit
distribution.  If you want to get the software, you call them up
(paying for the call) and download the stuff.  All that need be
posted to the net is a directory of files and uucp logon
information.
--
Kenton Lee
Bell Labs - WB