System III hangs

Nigel Horne njh at root44.UUCP
Tue Mar 19 08:21:10 AEST 1985

/***/
Ever since I installed the ``UKUUCP'' some of my `phone lines have
periodically hung up. Well you might say `go back to you USG uucp',
no thanks I say. Anyhow it must(!) be a kernel bug if lines hang up.
I've tries one fix in uts/io/s.dz.c, namely not trying to output if
the carriers disappeared, as I'm fairly convinced that's the trouble.
That fix had some unfortunate side affects so so much for that one.
Anyone got any ideas/met it before? Answers to me please...

NJH

Nigel Horne	<njh at root44.UUCP>
Root Computers Ltd.
{deccra,edai,flame,glasgow,hirst1,ist,kcl-cs,qmc-cs,rlvd,pmllab,stc-a,
	ukc,unisoft}!root44!rootcl!njh