software-ethics list

lauren at rand-unix.ARPA lauren at rand-unix.ARPA
Tue Mar 5 16:07:17 AEST 1985

I'm starting to get enough responses to indicate that the creation of a
"software ethics" mailing list might indeed be welcomed.  Please let
me know by direct mail (not mailed to nor CC'd to this list!) if you are
interested and have not already contacted me.  Some people have already
mailed me some rather interesting comments regarding their own experiences
in the areas of people's ethical (and unethical) views toward software
creation, ownership, and protection.  I hope that such a list, if
it gets going, will be able to have meaningful discussions regarding
solutions to this growing and complex problem.  I hope it does
not turn into a forum for personal attacks and nonsensical suggestions
and slurs.  However, we shall see.

--Lauren--