gcore and adb

Ed Gould ed at mtxinu.UUCP
Fri Mar 22 10:30:43 AEST 1985

> Then I "kill -STOP pid" and "gcore pid".
> Now if I "adb test core.pid", I should be able to continue
> the process within adb with ":c19".  However, I get the response
> "no process".  What am I doing wrong?

You can't continue the process because there is no process
running to continue.  You're doing essentially post-mortem
debugging, although you generated the core image in a different
way.  It's possible, but not easy, to continue *many* processes
from core images - it's not possible in general because of
considerations like open files.  There have been postings in
the past of programs to restart such images.

--
Ed Gould		    mt Xinu, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed   +1 415 644 0146