definitions (trade secret, copyright, etc.) and the courts

Mike Tilson mike at hcradm.UUCP
Wed Mar 13 10:49:57 AEST 1985

There has been some considerable discussion of intellectual property
issues and ethics in this group recently.  As many of you will be
attending the June Usenix meeting in Portland, I thought I would let
you know that there will be an opportunity to take a course on the law
as it applies to software and intellectual property.  I took the course
myself in Salt Lake.  It's quite good, and easily understandable by
technical people.  It approaches the subject with a very balanced
and pragmatic viewpoint.

I'll post further details later to this group and to net.usenix.  As there
seems to be a great deal of opinion on the subject, I hope people will
welcome the opportunity to become more educated.

/Mike Tilson, Human Computing Resources Corp.(and Usenix Tutorial Coordinator)