Public Domain EMACS available from GNU Project

Barry Shein root at bu-cs.UUCP
Fri Mar 22 02:31:03 AEST 1985

I personally believe the distribution of the GNU code in general to be
critical to its purpose and USENET an excellent vehicle for this.

I suggest that a newsgroup be formed, say net.sources.gnu, and advanced
warning be given to allow sites to unsubscribe it (appropiate warnings
that things may get large, I also assume most places would only need one
site at their institution picking it up and internally re-distributing.)

	-Barry Shein, Boston University

P.S. Brief note of general explanation: GNU ('G'nu is 'N'ot 'U'nix) is a
project conceived by Richard Stallman [EMACS author, aka RMS] to
re-write UNIX completely with the goal of putting the entire source into
the public domain. It is both valuable and highly credible, we should
all support it.