Problem: EMC^2 Memory Installation

Donald P McKay mckay at burdvax.UUCP
Sun Mar 10 21:49:58 AEST 1985

We are in the process of installing EMC^2 memory on a VAX 11/780,
upgrading the memory from 4MB to 8MB+ (hopefully interleaved), and are
having some problems. I would like to hear from sites (via mail please)
who have recently installed same. In particular I am interested in the
changes to the (re)boot files defboo.cmd and restar.cmd (in /sys/floppy)
to turn on interleaving. Also, if any kernel mods are necessary to make
interleaved memory work.

                         Thanks in advance,
                         Don McKay
                         R&D, System Development Corp., Paoli, PA
                         [...sdcrdcf!burdvax!mckay,
                          ...allegra!psuvax1!burdvax!mckay]
                         (215) 648-7569

ps - what kind of performance improvements has anyone seen going from
noninterleaved to interleaved memory? Has anyone run any benchmarks?