request for info/help w.r.t. len>6 systemname in (4.2) uucp

Dan Rosenblatt dir at obo586.UUCP
Tue Mar 26 15:52:23 AEST 1985

***
I've run into a problem in uucp.
With system names > 6 characters in length, uucico dials up and
successfully connects with the remote system when work is queued
using uucp.  But then, with work to be done by the calling system,
no work is done.  If uucico is started by a daemon or by another
system calling in, all the work to be done is properly done.  If
uucico is manually started with debugging turned on, work is done
properly. AARRRGGGGHHHH.

I've looked at the sources and cannot find any problems w.r.t.
truncation of system names to a max of 7 characters.

I need to know if anyone else has seen this problem and/or has a fix.

If others also have this problem and need a fix, email to me and I'll
forward the worthwhile responses if they aren't posted to the net.

Dan Rosenblatt
obo Systems, Inc.
...{ihnp4!denelcor,nbires!gangue}!obo586!dir