Bug in /usr/doc/run

David Chase rbbb at rice.ARPA
Fri Mar 29 17:27:10 AEST 1985

vax 4.2 bsd unix

There is a bug in /usr/doc/run for ptour and ctour.

The line for ptour (shown below) merrily tries to run the formatter on $*
instead of the output of the refer.  Not good.

		refer -e /usr/doc/porttour/p* | $fmtr $pkg $*

The line for ctour needs to include a pipe for refer, I think, because
as is it prints a pile of gibberish at the top of the first page.  When I
prepended a "refer -e", the gibberish went away, although the references
page turned up blank.

		$fmtr $pkg $i /usr/doc/ctour/cdoc*

This is particularly annoying because README in that directory contains
the sentence,

	Precise incantations are engraved in ./run.

This gives me a really good feeling every time I read any of that fine
Unix documentation.  (So does the 4.1 version of tty(4)).

David Chase, Rice University