Directory as Prompt String

Robert Viduya robert at gitpyr.UUCP
Mon Mar 25 12:23:52 AEST 1985

> Please note that this is SYS V we're talking about. No pseudo tty's
> are available.

Actually, System V Release 2 has pseudo tty's.  If you've got a manual
available, look at sxt(7).  I haven't personally played with them, but
they don't look as flexible as BSD's pseudo tty's (you have to grab them
in groups of 8), but they do look a real tty to any program talking to
them.  The only thing that uses them in SysVR2 currently is shl(1),
a program that allows you to have upto 8 shells running and to be able
to switch from one to another.  It appears to be AT&T's answer to csh's
job control; I personally see it as an kludge.

				robert
--
Robert Viduya
Georgia Institute of Technology

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert