Arete vs Pyramid?

berger at datacube.UUCP berger at datacube.UUCP
Sat Dec 13 08:56:00 AEST 1986

Anyone familiar with Arete Computers?  I  have been  asked to compare
it to a Pyramid dual processor 98x.

The application would be many users (100 to  start, moving  up to 200
in the future) doing database (Unify) transactions.

I have not heard much about Arete except that they have a multi 68020
processor system with multiple buses for Memory, Disk and I/O.

I'd be interested in hearing from folks who may be using the Arete in
such an application or if others have made the comparison before.

			Thanks,

			Bob Berger

Datacube Inc. 4 Dearborn Rd. Peabody, Ma 01960 	617-535-6644

ihnp4!datacube!berger
{seismo,cbosgd,cuae2,mit-eddie}!mirror!datacube!berger