Research Awk available to educational institutions

arnold at emory.UUCP arnold at emory.UUCP
Wed Dec 3 03:28:03 AEST 1986

The following information is FYI, principally for educational institutions.
I thought that at least that part of the net could benefit from it.

The Research version of Awk is available to educational institutions,
in source code, for a mere $150.  We have it here. The new version
offers a number of features, the most important of which is that awk
programs may now have functions.

The address to send mail to is

	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	Computing Information Service
	Room 2F-128B
	600 Mountain Avenue
	Murrray Hill, N.J. 07974

	Attn: Outside Software Distribution, J.J. Crawley

I don't happen to have Ms. Crawley's phone number, but if y'all send her
a letter, she'll send you back the appropriate form to fill out, sign, and
send back to her with a check; no purchase orders accepted.

The package comes with source code on tape, including man page, and a printed
copy of the Bell Labs technical report describing the new version.

By the way, she also distributes Concurrent C, but I believe that that is
a binary distribution.

Enjoy,
--
Arnold Robbins
CSNET:	arnold at emory	BITNET:	arnold at emoryu1
ARPA:	arnold%emory.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
UUCP:	{ akgua, decvax, gatech, sb1, sb6, sunatl }!emory!arnold