RJE Rehost

Charles Leach cal at okc-unix.arpa
Sat Dec 13 08:00:33 AEST 1986

I am currently trying to rehost some RJE software from System V.2 to
ULTRIX 1.2. In this attempt I have run across a difference in the
user structures between the two systems. In the System V.2 user
structure there are the following declarations:

	unsigned u_count;    /* Bytes remaining for I/O */
	off_t u_offset;      /* Offset in file for I/O */

The comments are from the System V.2 source for user.h. My question is
does ULTRIX/4.2 have anything synonomous either in the user.h
structure or some other place (uio.h maybe) that tracks with these
declarations.

any help will be greatly appreciated..

send replies to: cal at okc-unix