who called a C routine - get it from the stack frame

Walt Pesch wbp at cuuxb.UUCP
Mon Dec 8 11:58:57 AEST 1986

This is what I get for looking at too many 3B crash dumps - it gets to
you after a while.  Y'all are right, the stack frame is not only
dependant on the OS but also very much machine specific.  For AT&T SV
releases on the 3B line, the Stack Frame does look like what I showed,
and it does grow downwards.  For the AT&T System V on the Vax, it still
looks the same but grows upwards (97% certainty).  For anything else,
my advice would be to get into crash and dump the stack for a couple of
procs and figure it out yourself.  If you're lucky, the stack dump
will also contain a pretty picture showing yoy exactly what to look
for.

   Walt Pesch
   {ihnp4,akgua,et al}!cuuxb!wbp
   cuuxb!wbp at lll-crg