bitfields

Tim Smith tim at ism780c.UUCP
Wed Dec 3 12:20:21 AEST 1986

In article <844 at sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> wmam at sphinx.UUCP (tony mason) writes:

> As I read K&R arrays of bit fields are allowed, HOWEVER, in the
> Microsoft C compiler Version 4.0, they explicitly state that they
> are not allowed.

K&R page 197, first paragraph, last sentence:

	In all implementations, there are no arrays of fields, and
	the address-of operator & may not be applied to them, so
	that there are no pointers to fields.

--
emordnilapregnolanalpanama

Tim Smith       USENET: sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim   Compuserve: 72257,3706
                Delphi or GEnie: mnementh