panic:munhash message from 4.2bsd

hall at usfvax2.UUCP hall at usfvax2.UUCP
Wed Dec 10 08:57:35 AEST 1986

We have encountered the following system problem and wonder if any one
out there knows about it.  We are running 4.2bsd on a VAX 11/750.
With a program in Modula-2 compiled, with the
Modula-2 compiler from DEC's western research lab, using the -g option
for the dbx debugger we get a bad runtime problem.  When we get in dbx
and read in the symbolic information and executable code and then type
run the operating system crashes with the message  "panic:munhash".
This does not occur when we try to run the program outside of dbx.  Does
anyone know what the error  panic:munhash  means?  A way to fix it?  A
way around it?  Something in a Modula-2 program that might cause it?  If
anyone has any answers, please send them to me be electronic mail.
Thanks.
--

Larry Hall
Usenet: {seismo,gatech,crash}!akgua!usfvax2!hall