Alliant FX/8, Concentrix Question

K538915%CZHRZU1A.BITNET at wiscvm.wisc.edu K538915%CZHRZU1A.BITNET at wiscvm.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 5 17:36:42 AEST 1986

Here at the Physics Institute of the University Zuerich we are evaluating a
new computer and have narrowed down the candidates to:

                            - 'unconventional' solution Alliant FX/8
                              with Concentrix (a version of BSD 4.2)

                            - 'conventional' solution DEC 8550 with VMS

Now, as there are some people here which don't believe that a operating
other than one from DEC can be/do anything useful, I would like to hear
from anybody who has used or been manager of an Alliant system........
Pls e-mail to me directly as I do not subscribe to this mailing list.

                        Thanks
                              Simon Poole
                              K538915 at CZHRZU1A.BITNET