Squeezing more memory into a process on a pdp 11/73 - HELP !

Theo ten Brummelaar theo at natmlab.dms.oz
Tue Dec 23 13:23:15 AEST 1986

A second attempt .. apols to those who have read this before.

I am running a Unix system on a pdp 11/73.
As you may or may not know this machine/OS combination  assigns 64k to programme
and 64k to data for any single process. I am doing a fair amount
of image processing work and would dearly love to know a way
to squeeze more memory into a single process (I have 1.5M all together).

Surely someone has faced this problem before ... did you solve it ? How ?

	Thanks in advance

Time flies like an arrow , fruit flies like an orange.
ACSnet: theo at natmlab			CSNET:	theo at natmlab.oz
ARPA:	theo%natmlab.oz at seismo.css.gov	JANET:  natmlab.oz!theo at ukc
UUCP:{enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,seismo,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!natmlab.oz!theo