Thanks for the UUCP help!

Gary Samad gary at mit-eddie.MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 31 05:05:57 AEST 1986

[]

Thanks for the flood of mail about my UUCP problems.  I've finally managed
to solve the problems and we're up and running (next step, netnews!)

For your information, the problem was that our modem was trying to be too
smart.  I first had to tame the modem by disabling all of the asynchronous
features (it can talk to the computer at 9600 baud and to the phone at 1200).
Then, I had to force the machine to quit telling the modem to talk with 7 bits
even parity.  I finally managed to set no parity for tip and zero parity for
uucp and it now works like a charm!

Thanks again for your help!

	Gary